- Dimensions 42mm × 21mm × 9mm
- Bluetooth low energy 4.2
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- JST 2.0mm PH 7-pin UART 200mm cable
- Optional External Antenna
- Read more at forum.esk8.news
- Metal Shield for interference protection. This is very important because a lot of EMI is coming from our high current fast switching setups in some cases disturbing the correct operation of the module. The main unit is shielded to mitigate that.
- Optional external 2.4GHz antenna. Recommended if you have carbon fiber enclosure or you experience a lot of issues with bluetooth module disconnecting. It makes a noticeable difference. In our tests external antenna doubled the range of operation. But even the default configuration with internal PCB antenna still has much better connection than other bluetooth modules.
- Three bright colored LEDs for easy diagnostics.
|Blue LED (bottom) is for bluetooth. When it is blinking slowly, the module is in Discovery mode. It is advertising and you should be able to find it within your mobile app.|
|Blue LED rapidly blinking means the data is exchanged via bluetooth. Each incoming and outgoing bluetooth packet results in a little blink.|
|Green LED (center) is for UART. When it is blinking the module is negotiating BAUD rate and RX / TX pin positions. Usually after half a second it becomes solid green which means the negotiation is successful.|
|Red LED (top) is for errors. When it’s ON, some error has happened. It might be wrong security PIN code, or UART communication problem. Metr Pro will try to report this error back to the Metr app.|
- BLE security with Elliptic Curve Cryptography and Man-in-the-Middle protection. All the modules that we use today have bad security or no security at all. It is only a matter of time before someone starts messing around with it. Think about it this way: your board can be hacked, your settings can be messed up, this can result in serious injury. The chance is very low, but why risk?
Metr Pro will never bypass communication from an unpaired phone to the VESC. Each Metr Pro module has a random 6 digit PIN code label on the back side which is used for pairing. Once paired, all the communication is encrypted and secure.